You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac user - can't login to apple store

I am a new Mac user. I bought a refurbished 5,1 mac pro running mojave. I want to download some apps. I could not create an apple id on the Mac so I created it on a Windows machine! I have signed on to this forum with my appetite appleid so I know the id exists and the password is correct. When I try to download from the app store I get various authentication code on my phone which I told into the app store and then the app store indicates my password is incorrect - which is nonsense since I am using it to write this post or to login to apple through a Windows machine.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

Thanks

Clive

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 9:24 AM

I have fixed the logon problem. I had not added payment details to my profile - which are required - even if one is only trying to download free applications. Now payment details are added to my appleid, I can log on to App Store.

1 reply

New Mac user - can't login to apple store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.