You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 14 issue in my iPad.

In my iPad (currently iOS 13.7) whenever I am trying to update it to iPadOS 14 it is showing error message after downloading and again asking me to download it again. I have done it 3 times and I have 200GB storage available in my iPad.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:49 PM

I assume that this is what you are doing, but if not, give it a try.

Go to settings>General>iPad Storage. Let the list of apps load. Swipe to find the downloaded iOS software. Tap on it. Delete it in the next screen. Restart your iPad. Then go back to Settings>General>Software Update and start over, download and install again.

If this is what you are doing, you can try another WiFi network, try using iTunes on a computer, or simply wait it out for a day or two and try again.

This might help as well.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2020 12:49 PM in response to pawanmotu

I assume that this is what you are doing, but if not, give it a try.

Go to settings>General>iPad Storage. Let the list of apps load. Swipe to find the downloaded iOS software. Tap on it. Delete it in the next screen. Restart your iPad. Then go back to Settings>General>Software Update and start over, download and install again.

If this is what you are doing, you can try another WiFi network, try using iTunes on a computer, or simply wait it out for a day or two and try again.

This might help as well.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iPadOS 14 issue in my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.