You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch with Spotify and Nike Run

I am thinking about getting an Apple Watch and want to be able to take it out on runs and use Spotify and the Nike+ Run app without having to carry my phone. At the moment, would rather get the GPS Apple Watch, and not get the cellular+ one. Does anyone know if I can use both of those apps on the go without having my phone nearby and still have just the GPS watch? I was thinking that I would be able to get buy with the Series 3 GPS watch and be able to go on runs without my phone, but I wasn't sure. I don't need any special features, other than the ability to connect to Spotify and Nike Run, so the features on the newest models (like the ECG and blood oxygen apps are not necessary. Thanks for your help!

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 2:27 PM

2 replies

Sep 18, 2020 2:57 PM in response to kailee162

Spotify today does not support putting music on your Apple Watch, nor streaming.

There are rumors that Spotify is testing an Apple Watch steaming app.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/09/17/spotify-finally-testing-apple-watch-streaming/

If they release this app, is unknown. What will be included when they release it is unknown.

Buying an Apple Watch "EXPECTING" these rumors to come true, runs the risk of the deal falling apart, or the feature set the rumors mention may not be as inclusive.

Apple Watch with Spotify and Nike Run

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.