You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App library

I don't like the new app library screen on my iphone. How can I remove it, or at least remove all the apps from it without deleting them off my phone?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 3:47 PM

Dear Apple...Is this App Library supposed to make me feel more important because I now have more screens to scroll through? The App library is unnecessary and redundant. I already had all of my apps grouped together the way I wanted them. Now Apple has forced another grouping (a full page this time!) on me that I do not need nor did I ask for. I already have a group called “Not Used” which is filled with Apple forced apps that I cannot delete. Now here’s more and it is an entire screen!! This sort of extra nonsense should always come with a CHOICE for the user...

I’d like to think that Apple surveys consumers before building these types of tools but this time I’m guessing “No” because I have yet to see a positive review about the new App Library. Please give the consumer the option to disable this.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2020 3:47 PM in response to Demo

Dear Apple...Is this App Library supposed to make me feel more important because I now have more screens to scroll through? The App library is unnecessary and redundant. I already had all of my apps grouped together the way I wanted them. Now Apple has forced another grouping (a full page this time!) on me that I do not need nor did I ask for. I already have a group called “Not Used” which is filled with Apple forced apps that I cannot delete. Now here’s more and it is an entire screen!! This sort of extra nonsense should always come with a CHOICE for the user...

I’d like to think that Apple surveys consumers before building these types of tools but this time I’m guessing “No” because I have yet to see a positive review about the new App Library. Please give the consumer the option to disable this.

Dec 12, 2020 9:42 AM in response to CindyNC

Today, a similar thing happened and I searched around for a solution but found no explanations or any clue to how to change it.

Happily, I discovered that, if I held my finger down on the desktop, it came up with one of my familiar desktop screens arranged as I had decided ages ago and then, if I tapped the screen near the bottom, just where the main screen meets the row of 4 basic apps at the bottom, all four of my desktop screen appeared with ticks underneath them and the title ‘Edit Pages’ at the top of the screen. Make sure all 4 are ticked and then you should be OK.

The problem had arisen when I wanted to move an app into one of the group-boxes I’d set up. Normally I’d just slide it across left or right to move through the screens, find the box and let it go. Not today though! So maybe that’s the function Apple have destroyed. I hope they will see the error of their ways and bring it back as I wanted all the courier apps in the same box and now two of them have to be hunted for! But things at least are almost back to normal!

I hope that helps you. I also hate the App Library list. It’s rubbish.

App library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.