You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14 search

Upgraded iPhone X. Pull-down search shows “Siri Suggestions” but if I type in the name of an app, it takes me to Safari search, Maps & Website. Won’t show my apps.

No Spotlight or Universal Search settings.

Anyone have a suggestion to enable this?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:13 AM

14 replies

Sep 20, 2020 9:02 AM in response to TonyLewis42

Interesting that you have 2000+ apps. I thought I was the only one! 🙂 I wonder if that has anything to do with the issue.

I have the same problem on iPad and iPhone, including having erased my phone again and restoring. I had the same experience on the betas on my iPad and reported it as a bug. So I thought it was the expected behavior when I saw it on my devices in the released product. But in posting my question elsewhere in the Community, a person helping me shared a screen capture showing his Search working correctly. I don’t know how many apps he has, but you raised a good point.

I’ve been using the App Store option at the end of the Search list, and when it takes me to the app that I needed, it has the little download cloud next to it, even though the app is already on my phone from before, and I’ve already used it since upgrading. Or I will swipe through the “dots” to get to my last desktop more quickly for only 1 more swipe to get to the App Library Search.

I reported this issue in the feedback app. I hope enough others will report, for Apple to investigate a fix.

ios 14 search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.