You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS

I got my brother's computer, and when i got it I switched to my apple id and icloud and I changed the computer password. I then wanted to change the user name to the computer and other changes using system preferences (such as the number linked to messages so i don't get all of his texts). I tried putting in the password and username to the computer into system preferences to change the computer username and it wont work. I changed the computer password, and the password that I have now works to get into the computer, but it doesn't work if I want to change anything in System Preferences, whats wrong?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 9:33 AM

This is what your brother should have done before giving you the computer: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

2 replies

macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.