You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers text in cel

Hi,

How can I keep the cell size the same and still paste a large text in it?

Greeting!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 6:06 AM

Are you saying "row" when you mean "column"? In the screenshot below I have two cells in column A with the text "Wrap text is turned off in this cell" and, as it says, wrap text in cell is turned off in those cells. In column B to the right, there is nothing in cell B1 but I put text in cell B2. This is what it sounds like you are describing and this is what will happen if "wrap text in cell" is off. If you want the text to not spread out, you have to put something in the cell beside it. If you want that other cell to look blank, use a space character.

If this is not what you are describing, a screenshot posted here would be useful.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2020 6:06 AM in response to sybrandtfromamsterdam

Are you saying "row" when you mean "column"? In the screenshot below I have two cells in column A with the text "Wrap text is turned off in this cell" and, as it says, wrap text in cell is turned off in those cells. In column B to the right, there is nothing in cell B1 but I put text in cell B2. This is what it sounds like you are describing and this is what will happen if "wrap text in cell" is off. If you want the text to not spread out, you have to put something in the cell beside it. If you want that other cell to look blank, use a space character.

If this is not what you are describing, a screenshot posted here would be useful.

Numbers text in cel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.