You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple pages remove background from text

Hello, I have copied some code from VS Code and pasted into Pages. Because it is in night mode, the VS Code is copied with black background, making it hard to read a paper copy. See below. HOw can I get reasonably faithful font colours and get rid of the black background? I am using Catalina 10.15.6. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 12:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 4:56 AM

Have you tried both of Pages Edit menu options: 1) Paste, and 2) Paste and Match Style? If neither choice rid you of the stygian background, you might try selecting the effected text, and from the Advanced Options (⚙︎v) menu, set the Text Background color to transparent.

If all three of these approaches do not rid you of the background color, then you may have to first paste the VSCode content into TextEdit, and then reselect the text there, and copy/paste into Pages using one of the two Edit menu choices.

Unlike LibreOffice Writer, MS Word, or even TextEdit, Pages is not designed to be a paste destination for HTML, styled or otherwise. I happen to use Textastic from the Mac App Store, and it pastes the HTML text colors from the TextMate theme I happen to be using, but not the dark background color.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2020 4:56 AM in response to Bob593251

Have you tried both of Pages Edit menu options: 1) Paste, and 2) Paste and Match Style? If neither choice rid you of the stygian background, you might try selecting the effected text, and from the Advanced Options (⚙︎v) menu, set the Text Background color to transparent.

If all three of these approaches do not rid you of the background color, then you may have to first paste the VSCode content into TextEdit, and then reselect the text there, and copy/paste into Pages using one of the two Edit menu choices.

Unlike LibreOffice Writer, MS Word, or even TextEdit, Pages is not designed to be a paste destination for HTML, styled or otherwise. I happen to use Textastic from the Mac App Store, and it pastes the HTML text colors from the TextMate theme I happen to be using, but not the dark background color.

apple pages remove background from text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.