You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recents folder not showing pdf files

I am using MS Office 365 on a Macbook Pro with OS X

I use Word and Excel and save documents in separate folders on OneDrive.

I then want to access these documents ie. attach them to a outlook email message. When I go to the Recents folder in Finder the .docx or .xls files are there but not the PDf files. I then need to navigate to the separate folders to see and choose the pdf files.

Is this a bug on my side that can be fixed?

tx

Stephen

MacBook

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 1:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 2:50 PM

Hi StephenCPhotog!

It sounds like you're not seeing PDF files in the Recents folder, and we're happy to help. The Recents folder shows a list of files that you opened or changed, displaying them chronologically by the date they were last opened. If you're having trouble finding PDF files, the instructions here should help:

If you can’t find a file on Mac

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2020 2:50 PM in response to StephenCPhotog

Hi StephenCPhotog!

It sounds like you're not seeing PDF files in the Recents folder, and we're happy to help. The Recents folder shows a list of files that you opened or changed, displaying them chronologically by the date they were last opened. If you're having trouble finding PDF files, the instructions here should help:

If you can’t find a file on Mac

Cheers!

Recents folder not showing pdf files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.