You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For some reason my Macbook Pro won't update to IOS 14. I had the IOS 14 update downloaded to my computer and was ready for my computer to restart and update but it never showed up in my settings again. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

I saw the update for IOS 14 available on my MacBook pro. So I went ahead and downloaded the update so that I could use IOS 14, but once the download was done, the update was no longer available for me to click on. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not the best with my MacBook but I was hoping to get this update!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:53 AM

iOS only runs on mobile devices like iPhones. MacOS runs on Macbook Pros.

1 reply

For some reason my Macbook Pro won't update to IOS 14. I had the IOS 14 update downloaded to my computer and was ready for my computer to restart and update but it never showed up in my settings again. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.