You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saved Searches in Finder Don't Work

I tagged all my 3rd Party Applications with a tag called "Third Party" and then did a search in Finder for all applications with this Tag and saved the search. It seemed to work.

Then I noticed that some preference panes that were third party weren't included. So I removed the "Kind" search criteria and still no preference panes. I checked the Finder sidebar and there is a tag for "Third Party" and it does have the preference panes included.

I tried a new search with Kind = "macOS Preference Pane" but that returned nothing, even though I copied that from a 3rd part Preference Pane's Get Info window.

What is going on?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 10:11 AM

I figured this out. I had to add a condition, select other and then include system files. That fixed it.

Similar questions

1 reply

Saved Searches in Finder Don't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.