You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location not available

Why when I looking for my daughters location it sometimes says location not available

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 8:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 5:12 AM

Hi Celestink1,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We know it's important to be able to be able to locate family members, and we have a resource that should help.

See the information below, from the resource titled If Find My Friends isn't working:

"If you don't see your friend's location

• Your friend might need to correct the date on their device. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
  • The device is off or isn't connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
  • Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends. 
  • Your friend turned off Share My Location.
  • Your friend turned off Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services; Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Share My Location; or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends.
  • Your friend turned off Share My Location in Settings > [your name] > Find My > Share My Location.
  • Your friend isn't signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
  • The device is in a country or region where Apple doesn't offer this feature. This feature might not be available in all countries or regions due to technical limitations or local law.

A device's previous location is available for two hours. After two hours, you see Location not available."

Best wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2020 5:12 AM in response to Celestink1

Hi Celestink1,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We know it's important to be able to be able to locate family members, and we have a resource that should help.

See the information below, from the resource titled If Find My Friends isn't working:

"If you don't see your friend's location

• Your friend might need to correct the date on their device. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
  • The device is off or isn't connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
  • Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends. 
  • Your friend turned off Share My Location.
  • Your friend turned off Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services; Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Share My Location; or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends.
  • Your friend turned off Share My Location in Settings > [your name] > Find My > Share My Location.
  • Your friend isn't signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
  • The device is in a country or region where Apple doesn't offer this feature. This feature might not be available in all countries or regions due to technical limitations or local law.

A device's previous location is available for two hours. After two hours, you see Location not available."

Best wishes.

Location not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.