You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail reply button or cmd-r barely works

MBP. catalina. in the mac mail app, cmd-r for reply and the reply button itself, sometimes take 3-4 tries before working. this seems to be better after a re-boot, but it gets ridiculous, when i hit the reply button or cmd-r and strat typing only to find out i'm not.

anyone else having this problem?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 4:54 AM

well, i solved my one problem. Mail app does not open a reply window on 1st or 2nd try when using a 2nd monitor on a MBP. i always keep mai to the side, but just now have it on the main screen. i replied 1st try to several emails. move it to 2nd monitor: doesn't work.

4 replies

Sep 29, 2020 7:49 AM in response to marc cardwell

marc cardwell wrote:

well, i solved my one problem. Mail app does not open a reply window on 1st or 2nd try when using a 2nd monitor on a MBP. i always keep mai to the side, but just now have it on the main screen. i replied 1st try to several emails. move it to 2nd monitor: doesn't work.

You can file a bug report here: Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Sep 22, 2020 10:36 AM in response to marc cardwell

marc cardwell wrote:

MBP. catalina. in the mac mail app, cmd-r for reply and the reply button itself, sometimes take 3-4 tries before working. this seems to be better after a re-boot, but it gets ridiculous, when i hit the reply button or cmd-r and strat typing only to find out i'm not.

anyone else having this problem?

No.

mail reply button or cmd-r barely works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.