You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

putting a page number on each column for a document in pages and space between columns

Hello,

I am trying to add page numbers to my document which has 2 columns fitting on one page. However, it will only let me put 1 page number per page, or after I enter 2 different page numbers, then the entire document contains those 2 page numbers. How do I get it to number each column as a separate page?

I also want to create a bigger space between the columns, but I do not know how to do that.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 5:38 AM

Hi ejupham3,

Page numbers belong to a page, not a column.

You could try this. Instead of columns, place the content on different pages.

Menu > File > Print... to see the Print Dialogue.

Then depending upon the capabilities of your printer, choose Layout and 2 Pages per Sheet.

Note: in Pages I set "Facing Pages" and "Left and right pages are different" to place the page numbers on the 'outside' of the left and right page headers.

Test the result with Menu > File > Print... > PDF > Open in Preview.

Is this what you want to do?

Regards,

Ian.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2020 5:38 AM in response to ejupham3

Hi ejupham3,

Page numbers belong to a page, not a column.

You could try this. Instead of columns, place the content on different pages.

Menu > File > Print... to see the Print Dialogue.

Then depending upon the capabilities of your printer, choose Layout and 2 Pages per Sheet.

Note: in Pages I set "Facing Pages" and "Left and right pages are different" to place the page numbers on the 'outside' of the left and right page headers.

Test the result with Menu > File > Print... > PDF > Open in Preview.

Is this what you want to do?

Regards,

Ian.

putting a page number on each column for a document in pages and space between columns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.