You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copying text between pages and keynote does not work

I cannot copy text between keynote and pages (both directions). To copy from keynote to pages I first have to use another text app to copy text from pages/keynote to the alternative text app (can be any...even mail). Then I can copy the text from there to pages/keynote. To force to relaunch clipboard does not solve the problem. It is hard to believe that this problem even exists.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 10:08 PM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2020 3:53 AM in response to Apfelanwender

I can copy/paste a Keynote v10.2 Text box with content, or just its selected text into Pages v10.2 word processing document. I can also copy standalone text, or a Text box with content from Pages v10.2 into Keynote v10.2, where both arrive as Text boxes because Keynote is not a word processing application, and encapsulates text in Text boxes.

Since you withheld application, and operating system version information, I tested with Pages and Keynote v10.2 on macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021).

Sep 23, 2020 5:10 AM in response to Apfelanwender

All of the Pages, Keynote, and Numbers v10.2 applications now require Catalina or later.

I recommend updating Keynote to v10.1, same as Pages v10.1 via the Mac App Store, and accessing Viewing your Account (⌘-zero) which brings up the old Purchases panel. See if your Keynote 9.1 has an Update button, and though it may refuse to install v10.2, it may helpfully offer to upgrade your Keynote v9.1 to 10.1. If it does this, repeat your copy/paste exercise.

copying text between pages and keynote does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.