You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorites Toolbar

Hi, I'm running the latest OS on my iMac, and iPadOS 14 on my iPad Air. Safari bookmarks are synced between devices via iCloud. The syncing is working fine.

I'd like the Favorites that appear on the Favorites toolbar in Safari on my iMac to be different than the Favorites that appear on the Favorites toolbar in Safari on my iPad. I thought the way to do this on my iPad was to go to Settings > Safari > Favorites, and change the selection from "Favorites" to something like a folder called "Mobile" that contains the favorites I want to see on the Favorites Toolbar on the iPad. That doesn't seem to work. The only difference when I do that is that the "Mobile" folder appears as my Favorites folder (the "star" icon) when I click the Bookmarks icon in Safari on my iPad. The favorites in the toolbar remain the same. Am I misunderstanding how that Favorites setting works? Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 7:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 1:43 PM

What you're asking is something that cannot be changed as the Favorites on the iPadOS and the macOS function differently -- Product Feedback - Apple.

Similar questions

3 replies

Favorites Toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.