You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I went on to put in my password but it said incorrect

I use an iPhone X that was previously used by my dad. I changed the apple ID on the phone and everything was fine until today when i went to the app store to update a few apps and it asked me to log in there when i clicked “update” even though i was already logged in to apps store with my own apple ID. I went on to put in my password but it said incorrect every time and it didn’t show my apple ID, it only had the option to put in my password. Then i clicked “forgot my password” and noticed the apple ID was different there. Then i looked to change the apple ID but there was no option. I tried restarting my phone and then tried to update the app again but they still ask me to login there with only the option to provide my password but not the apple ID. I don’t get why they’re asking me to login there as i’m already logged in with my icloud. Furthermore, why is it only asking for the password and then when i noticed it was the wrong apple ID they were asking the password for, there’s no option for me to change the apple ID, what should i do now?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 11:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 10:21 AM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can ask your dad to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to the purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2020 10:21 AM in response to abhossain

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can ask your dad to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to the purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

I went on to put in my password but it said incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.