You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whole Macbook screen is zoomed in; it is NOT because of the accessibility features.

I've seen some other posts about the same issue, but with no resolution for many. My macbook screen is zoomed in. I went into System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom. I don't have keyboard zoom activated, and I tried turning it on and zooming out with no luck. I'm not finding another solution, and it's really frustrating only seeing zoomed in icons and web browsers and video screens. Command+0 also does not work.

Please help!

Again, Accessibility/Zoom is NOT the solution.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 3:47 PM

Wow, okay, I solved my own problem after going through everything! In System Preferences, because I was zoomed in so close, I couldn't see the Displays option. I somehow was able to see the top bit of the icon and clicked it, and for some reason, Scaled was checked instead of Default for Display.

Solution: Go to System Preferences > Displays > Resolution: • Default for Display

I have never touched that option in my life, so I have no idea how that happened. There doesn't seem to be a shortcut for it either.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2020 3:47 PM in response to youlooksowicked

Wow, okay, I solved my own problem after going through everything! In System Preferences, because I was zoomed in so close, I couldn't see the Displays option. I somehow was able to see the top bit of the icon and clicked it, and for some reason, Scaled was checked instead of Default for Display.

Solution: Go to System Preferences > Displays > Resolution: • Default for Display

I have never touched that option in my life, so I have no idea how that happened. There doesn't seem to be a shortcut for it either.

Whole Macbook screen is zoomed in; it is NOT because of the accessibility features.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.