You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 4 Scribble mode

Hi, I have an iPad mini 4 and I would like to use Scribble mode with my finger. Is there a way to do that?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 8:30 AM

Hi there, DJ3508!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about using Scribble on your iPad mini. Check out this article to Enter text with Scribble on iPad. Per the article, the iPad mini (4th generation) is not supported for Scribble.

"Enter text with Scribble on iPad

On supported iPad models, you can use Apple Pencil (available separately) and Scribble to enter text. Without opening or using the onscreen keyboard, you can quickly reply to a message, jot down a reminder, and more. Scribble converts your handwriting to text directly on your iPad, so your writing stays private."

Thanks again for the question and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2020 8:30 AM in response to DJ3508

Hi there, DJ3508!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about using Scribble on your iPad mini. Check out this article to Enter text with Scribble on iPad. Per the article, the iPad mini (4th generation) is not supported for Scribble.

"Enter text with Scribble on iPad

On supported iPad models, you can use Apple Pencil (available separately) and Scribble to enter text. Without opening or using the onscreen keyboard, you can quickly reply to a message, jot down a reminder, and more. Scribble converts your handwriting to text directly on your iPad, so your writing stays private."

Thanks again for the question and have a great day!

iPad mini 4 Scribble mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.