You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot remove an user

• I bought a MacBook Pro today. Mac OS 10.15.7.
  • The owner (George) removed his information. And made a new user: "MacBook Pro" (OK, a little confusing, is n't it) and to keep it simple: without a password.
  • I unlocked I made a new user for myself ("Elly") and my friend (John).
  • After that I wanted to remove the user "MacBook Pro".
  • See screendump. Translated: "If you want to remove user "MacBook Pro", you have to fill in the password of the user."
  • So, I had to confirm the removal by filling in the password of user "MacBook Pro". But removing was not possible.
  • I gave user "MacBook Pro" a new password, a simple one: "Abcd12345678" (yes, my real passwords are more complicated).
  • Again I tried to remove "MacBook Pro", now using the new password.
  • Guess what: removing was not possible.

My question: what do I have to do to remove the user "MacBook Pro"?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 2:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:47 AM

Hello Luis. Thanks. Your interpretation is 100% correct.

But the problem is as follows.

• The password for user "MacBook Pro" is indeed "Abcd12345678". But that password is refused.
  • Where I have to fill in a name (I am an administrator) in stead of user "MacBook Pro", I can not fill in anything, it is greyed-out as you can see.

Because I was configuring the Macbook, I decided to start all over again by formatting the HD. After that user "MacBook Pro" was gone.

Thanks again and stay save.

Elly and John.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2020 3:47 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hello Luis. Thanks. Your interpretation is 100% correct.

But the problem is as follows.

• The password for user "MacBook Pro" is indeed "Abcd12345678". But that password is refused.
  • Where I have to fill in a name (I am an administrator) in stead of user "MacBook Pro", I can not fill in anything, it is greyed-out as you can see.

Because I was configuring the Macbook, I decided to start all over again by formatting the HD. After that user "MacBook Pro" was gone.

Thanks again and stay save.

Elly and John.

I cannot remove an user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.