You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming calls United States

Since IOS 14 all calls that are not in my contact list show up coming from United States instead of the usual city, state. Anyone else have this issue and fixes?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:52 PM

I have an issue with the “United States” designation. If I get calls outside my contact list, this sloppy identification lets every idiot who wants to sell my house or sell me something the same courtesy treatment—I have to answer these calls because this system stupidly uses this shortcut. I cannot effectively screen my calls. If I had known this was the case, I would not have updated to system 14.01. Please fix this bug. I have a iPhone 8, don’t want to use an iPhone if it is not fixed soon. You know how to fix this bug Apple, this is crappy, sloppy work.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2020 8:52 PM in response to Travis01

I have an issue with the “United States” designation. If I get calls outside my contact list, this sloppy identification lets every idiot who wants to sell my house or sell me something the same courtesy treatment—I have to answer these calls because this system stupidly uses this shortcut. I cannot effectively screen my calls. If I had known this was the case, I would not have updated to system 14.01. Please fix this bug. I have a iPhone 8, don’t want to use an iPhone if it is not fixed soon. You know how to fix this bug Apple, this is crappy, sloppy work.

Oct 20, 2020 11:31 AM in response to Travis01

I think it has to do with the call ID coming in with the +1 in front of the number. I cannot remember if it did before . 1 Is the country code for the US so it looks like an international call and displaying United States. Today I got a call from 845 area code and the call ID had just + without the 1. The call is labeled as coming from Vietnam, 84 is the country code for Vietnam.

You can see the numbers are spaced as though it is international number when it’s not.

really wish Apple would look into this issue. Just read that Apple released iOS 14.1 maybe it’s fixed in the update.

Oct 6, 2020 4:54 PM in response to Travis01

I have taken part in another thread about this, and it’s happening to me too.

My iPhone XR is having this issue, ever since I updated.

I have resorted to receiving and making calls on my iPhone 5. My solution is if anyone has another phone, cell or landline, you may have to use that until the bug is fixed. I’m with Verizon, but I do know it’s not a carrier issue.

Incoming calls United States

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.