You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay iPhone screen within an on-screen iPhone

I want to AirPlay my iPhone Xs screen to my Apple TV 4K. I watched various WWDC and Apple Special Events and noticed they all seem to be able to AirPlay an image of the phone as well. Is there any way to do this? I don't know if there is an official term or phrase for this.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 12:22 PM

Hello mylifeasmanta,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to use AirPlay to stream content from your iPhone to an Apple TV.

AirPlay is a great feature to share your photos. We'll be happy to help.

To help set up AirPlay, we suggest to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen You want to start in the section that says, "Get started" and then move on to the next section that says, "Steam video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

In addition, please ensure that you meet the AirPlay system requirements outlined here: AirPlay system requirements

Keep in mind that while you'll see what's mirrored on the actual phone screen, you won't see the phone replicated on the Apple TV. That's part of the WWDC magic!

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2020 12:22 PM in response to mylifeasmanta

Hello mylifeasmanta,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to use AirPlay to stream content from your iPhone to an Apple TV.

AirPlay is a great feature to share your photos. We'll be happy to help.

To help set up AirPlay, we suggest to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen You want to start in the section that says, "Get started" and then move on to the next section that says, "Steam video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

In addition, please ensure that you meet the AirPlay system requirements outlined here: AirPlay system requirements

Keep in mind that while you'll see what's mirrored on the actual phone screen, you won't see the phone replicated on the Apple TV. That's part of the WWDC magic!

Best regards.

AirPlay iPhone screen within an on-screen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.