You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth randomly disconnects from all devices

My MacBook Pro will randomly disconnect all Bluetooth devices (Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, AirPods Pro) and then re-connect them again after a few seconds.

I've already reset the Bluetooth module on my MBP but the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 7:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 6:51 AM

Thanks for getting back to us Aventine,

Are you currently connected to a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network? If so, are you able to connect to a 5Ghz network? Bluetooth uses 2.4, so we want to rule out interference.

Also, after that, we'd like to have you temporarily turn off Wi-Fi entirely. Here are the steps: Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac - Apple Support

Test out the Bluetooth connection with that turned off and let us know what happens.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2020 6:51 AM in response to Aventine

Thanks for getting back to us Aventine,

Are you currently connected to a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network? If so, are you able to connect to a 5Ghz network? Bluetooth uses 2.4, so we want to rule out interference.

Also, after that, we'd like to have you temporarily turn off Wi-Fi entirely. Here are the steps: Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac - Apple Support

Test out the Bluetooth connection with that turned off and let us know what happens.

Cheers!

Oct 5, 2020 12:50 PM in response to Aventine

Hello Aventine,

We see that you're having some trouble with your Bluetooth-based accessories disconnecting from your Mac. Could you let us know what macOS version you have installed? It's under the Apple menu > About This Mac. Also, we recommend reviewing the following articles and troubleshooting steps:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Oct 13, 2020 7:38 AM in response to Aventine

Hello Aventine,

Interference in locations is always a possibility, so it's worth narrowing down if this is location specific. The bottom of the article "Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference" outlines some situational and material based sources of interference.

If it persists in a wide array of places, then we'd recommend that you Contact Apple Support so they can look into this further with you.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Oct 12, 2020 7:26 PM in response to MoonJ.

Thank you, this worked!

A quick check on my router implies that the MBP had always been on the 5Ghz network, but turning Wi-Fi off seemed to solves the issue.

This is a conundrum though: I can connect via cable, but could this issue be isolated only to this particular spot in my home? I'd like to be able to use Wi-Fi in other spots as well.

Bluetooth randomly disconnects from all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.