You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting locally stored iPhone photos after import to Photos on Mac

I synced my old iPhone 8 with a new MacBook Pro. I wanted to transfer all my iPhone photos (local, no iCloud enabled on any device) to free space on my iPhone, so I imported all my media into the Photos app on my Mac. I selected "Delete after import," however about 1,600 photos/videos (of 4,000) did not delete from my iPhone. Is there any way to remove this images (already imported) from my iPhone?

Also, there are 23 photos/videos that appear to have been imported, however every time I try to import these remaining images, Photos switches me from the iPhone tab to the Imports tab. When I return to the iPhone tab, the images still appear there and I can still click "Import All" which leads me back to the Imports tab. Any solution to importing/removing these files?

MacBook Pro 17″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 10:29 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Deleting locally stored iPhone photos after import to Photos on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.