You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.1 makes the screen ‘freeze’ several times

i have an iPhone max XS that always worked really well, as soon as I updated the software it seems like the phone is slower - and it whichever app I’m using kind of freezes out of nowhere - so I have to close it and reopen. How can I fix this?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 1:23 PM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2020 1:01 AM in response to Martins96

Yesterday was really a bad experience of my whole life after updating 14.1 IOS on my 11 Pro my phone was completely freezed only the apps cannot open which is like my phone touch is working but cannot open apps or take audio calls or video calls and I cannot respond on reply to anyone - it was night where I went outside and visited local repair store and they fixed it by restoring it to 14.0.1 and the apple service Center denied to do it and moreover till now not even one proper support I got from apple support such a bad experience being an international company

Nov 17, 2020 4:43 AM in response to Martins96

My iPad went into the White Screen Of Death on updating to IOS 14.1 . Very helpful Apple adviser spent a whole hour with me troubleshooting and trying every conceivable combination of button pushes to put it into recovery mode - no joy. Yes, the iPad was fully charged; yes, I tried a different cable; yes, iTunes is up to date (although you shouldn't need to connect to your computer to get the iPad into recovery).

So then I was advised to send my iPad in for repair, at a cost to me, upfront, of almost a new iPad!

The fact is, I had a perfectly good device until the IOS was updated. We are strongly recommended to update the IOS for reasons of security and functionality. The fault is with IOS 14.1, not my iPad. Now I'm having to dig around old files looking for proof of purchase!

By the way, what's the Samsung Galaxy Tab like?

IOS 14.1 makes the screen ‘freeze’ several times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.