You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New incoming call show's previous caller's ID and Number?

This has started happening recently in the past few days after I have updated to iOS 14.

I am not sure if this is the case with whatsapp calls as well but any cellular calls I am getting sometimes displays the name and number of the last call that I had attended. My wife was complaining that it was happening to her on her newly purchased 11 pro max and I just shunned it but seems that I have become a victim as well.

Is this happening to anyone else and if yes, any fix yet? Is it a known issue to Apple?

Thanks and Regards

Aftab

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 11:22 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2020 9:40 AM in response to aftabkhan86

Hi aftabkhan86,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your call history. We’re happy to help.

To start, make sure you’re running the latest iOS version (currently iOS 14.0.1):

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn’t help, and since this happened following an update, the next thing we suggest is reinstalling iOS. While this shouldn’t remove any data from your iPhone, it’s a good idea to have a recent backup handy:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

To reinstall iOS, follow the steps under “Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again” in the article below:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Should the issue persist afterward, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

New incoming call show's previous caller's ID and Number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.