You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil false battery percentage

My Apple Pencil (2. generation) is showing me that it has 0% battery for 3 hours. I left it to charge that long but it still shows 0% eventhough it’s still working. Like it doesn’t have any lag or anything and doesn’t tell me to charge the pencil. It also shows the the pencil is charging but the percentage just doesn’t change and now I’m scared that it is going to die sometime without any signs while I’m needing it.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 10:58 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 6, 2020 2:18 PM in response to DinoHD28

Hey there DinoHD28,

We love using our iPads with our Apple Pencils, so let's see how we can help you out with your issue. We understand that seeing an incorrect battery percentage could be concerning, so let's see what we can do!

Have you noticed this issue with your Apple Pencil reporting the wrong battery percentage with more than one iPad? If not, which version of iPadOS are you currently running with your iPad?

Have you performed any troubleshooting on your own like restarting the iPad or letting the Apple Pencil's battery go down to zero percent?

Let's start there! We look forward to your response.

Oct 6, 2020 9:56 PM in response to jeremy_v

Its also a Problem I have had on other devices. Also I updated to latest version of iPadOS. And restarting it is the first thing I have done. But no luck, it’s now almost a week and it’s still showing me 0% but I can still use it. What I also tried was bringing the Apple Pencil really to 0% but it didn’t help.

Apple Pencil false battery percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.