You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Obsolete Vintage policy vs models and or versions?

1) Does anybody know if Apple Policy to add products to the obsolete list is based, for the same product, on model only or also to versions? I mean, if I buy a MackBook Pro now and I pay more to have the version with faster processor, 1Tb SSD plus 16GB Ram instead of 256GB SSD and 8GB Ram, in order to make it lasting longer in time when in the upcoming years more performance will be required, may I expect to have it become obsolete later than the model with lower performance?

Example: https://www.apple.com/it/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-pollici-grigio-siderale-processore-quad-core-a-2,0ghz-(turbo-boost-fino-a-3,8ghz)-1tb# wrt https://www.apple.com/it/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-pollici-grigio-siderale-processore-quad-core-a-1,4ghz-(turbo-boost-fino-a-3,9ghz)-256gb# 

2)Is the new macOS compatibility depending only on models or on versions as-well?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 6:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 6:40 AM

Jet787 wrote:

1) Does anybody know if Apple Policy to add products to the obsolete list is based, for the same product, on model only or also to versions? I mean, if I buy a MackBook Pro now and I pay more to have the version with faster processor, 1Tb SSD plus 16GB Ram instead of 256GB SSD and 8GB Ram, in order to make it lasting longer in time when in the upcoming years more performance will be required, may I expect to have it become obsolete later than the model with lower performance?

2)Is the new macOS compatibility depending only on models or on versions as-well?

1.) No.

2.) Model based.

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2020 6:40 AM in response to Jet787

Jet787 wrote:

1.) No.

2.) Model based.

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

Obsolete Vintage policy vs models and or versions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.