You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot mouse tracking speed slows down

Much like this archived post with no answers, I too am having an issue with my mouse tracking speed when taking screenshots. When I `command + shift + 4` to capture an area of the screen, the mouse tracking speed slows down significantly.

In general use, the mouse tracking speed is as set. It is only during screen capture that it slows considerably.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

https://youtu.be/4FTvbeKqOMs

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 1:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 1:25 AM

Hey there! Can you confirm if the same happens in a newly created admin user? And if the same happens with another mouse/trackpad? Also Safe Boot is a great way to rule out other software or file system issues. Can you post those results?

It sounds more like a permissions issue to me from the weird things I’ve seen with corrupted permissions, (Testing in a new user is a good way to rule that out), but I could be wrong, it might also be a good idea to check for any type of adware that may have been installed that’s causing an issue. (Again, Safe Boot is one way to test that), However it could also be a hardware issue, (Testing with another device is another way to check that). Those answers may help find a solution let me know!

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2020 1:25 AM in response to freddobonanza

Hey there! Can you confirm if the same happens in a newly created admin user? And if the same happens with another mouse/trackpad? Also Safe Boot is a great way to rule out other software or file system issues. Can you post those results?

It sounds more like a permissions issue to me from the weird things I’ve seen with corrupted permissions, (Testing in a new user is a good way to rule that out), but I could be wrong, it might also be a good idea to check for any type of adware that may have been installed that’s causing an issue. (Again, Safe Boot is one way to test that), However it could also be a hardware issue, (Testing with another device is another way to check that). Those answers may help find a solution let me know!

Thanks!

Screenshot mouse tracking speed slows down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.