You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound on macbook pro

All of a sudden I have no sound on my MacBook Pro. I made sure the Sound setting was set to Internal (built-on) speakers. Volume is up. It is not muted.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:47 PM

Thanks to John Galt for his response! As I said, though, I had already checked my settings. His response did say that, if doing that didn’t restore the sound, I should contact Apple Support. That is what I did (I called them, and within 10 minutes they had things working.)

They had me turn off my computer, Then I was told to press CTRL-OPTION-SHIFT and hold for 7 seconds. Then, while still holding those 3 keys, I was to press the START button and hold all 4 keys for 7 seconds. At that point, I was told to turn the computer back on. And it worked. The sound was back!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2020 6:47 PM in response to SallyR333

Thanks to John Galt for his response! As I said, though, I had already checked my settings. His response did say that, if doing that didn’t restore the sound, I should contact Apple Support. That is what I did (I called them, and within 10 minutes they had things working.)

They had me turn off my computer, Then I was told to press CTRL-OPTION-SHIFT and hold for 7 seconds. Then, while still holding those 3 keys, I was to press the START button and hold all 4 keys for 7 seconds. At that point, I was told to turn the computer back on. And it worked. The sound was back!

no sound on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.