You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

« CleanMyMac X.app »

Impossible d’ouvrir l’application « CleanMyMac X.app », car elle est peut-être endommagée ou incomplète.

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 6:48 PM

Uninstalling the "CleanMyMac" product requires using it to uninstall itself. Since you are unable to launch it, you are now in an untenable situation.

Please restart your Mac in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Then, drag the app icon to the Trash.

Then, restart your Mac normally.

If you encounter any problems, possibly in the form of a dialog related to "CleanMyMac", please describe it.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2020 6:48 PM in response to sredlat

Uninstalling the "CleanMyMac" product requires using it to uninstall itself. Since you are unable to launch it, you are now in an untenable situation.

Please restart your Mac in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Then, drag the app icon to the Trash.

Then, restart your Mac normally.

If you encounter any problems, possibly in the form of a dialog related to "CleanMyMac", please describe it.

Oct 4, 2020 11:56 AM in response to sredlat

Google translation:

Cannot open "CleanMyMac X.app" application because it may be damaged or incomplete.

Consider yourself lucky. It's considered by most experienced users here to be akin to malware. There is no reason to ever install or run any 3rd party "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or security apps on your Mac.  This user tip describes what you need to know and do to protect your Mac: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

Delete the app and don't use any similar apps in the future.

Oct 4, 2020 9:23 AM in response to sredlat

Vuleriate raccomandà di scaccià ogni parte di i file pf ot & macpaw è di trasfurmalli ...

Disinstalla CleanMyMac per e so indicazioni, poi eseguite etrecheck di novu per vede chì paglia lasciava ...

In CMM ...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251370955?answerId=252661013022#252661013022

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251442443?answerId=252814053022#252814053022

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251464557?answerId=252841819022#252841819022

Oct 4, 2020 11:28 AM in response to sredlat

Well, you have posted in the US forums, so i will answer in English with a french translation following:

You do not want to install that application. It does nothing you need and can "clean" so well that it will cause problems with your OS.

Eh bien, vous avez posté sur les forums américains, je vais donc répondre en anglais avec une traduction française suivante:

Vous ne souhaitez pas installer cette application. Il ne fait rien dont vous avez besoin et peut "nettoyer" si bien qu'il causera des problèmes avec votre système d'exploitation.

Oct 4, 2020 11:58 AM in response to babowa

In fact the application CleanMyMac x is installed on my Mac, but when I tried to launch it, I get the reply in a little pop up :

Impossible d’ouvrir l’application « CleanMyMac X.app », car elle est peut-être endommagée ou incomplète.

Normally I use that app to clean my Mac and in case of need, to desinstall some programs I don’t need anymore …

Actually my problem is that this app doesn’t start at all and I don’t know how to restore it ?!

Thank you if you have an idea it will be very welcomed !

👋

« CleanMyMac X.app »

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.