You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.6/IOS 14 Update: Email no longer updates other devices.

This past week I updated my devices to IOS 14 and now email no longer updates my devices. For instance, if I delete an email on my iMac, it still show up on all my devices. Likewise, if move an email to a saved folder, on my iMac, it only moves on that device, and it remains in my inbox on the other devices. It only shows up in the folder on that iMac. This worked fine on the previous IOS version.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 1:50 PM

Hi B1zz4rd,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Mail. It sounds like after the recent iOS update, when you move or delete an email on your Mac, it doesn't show up as deleted or moved on your iOS devices.

What you have described is consistent with a POP email account. Who is your provider? Have you checked settings? What happens if you delete an email on the iOS device instead? Have you checked webmail for your email account?

You should also try updating to macOS 10.15.7: Keep your Mac up to date.

If the issue is still happening and you don't have a POP account, what happens when you set up your mail inside a new test user account on your Mac? Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know further details.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2020 1:50 PM in response to B1zz4rd

Hi B1zz4rd,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Mail. It sounds like after the recent iOS update, when you move or delete an email on your Mac, it doesn't show up as deleted or moved on your iOS devices.

What you have described is consistent with a POP email account. Who is your provider? Have you checked settings? What happens if you delete an email on the iOS device instead? Have you checked webmail for your email account?

You should also try updating to macOS 10.15.7: Keep your Mac up to date.

If the issue is still happening and you don't have a POP account, what happens when you set up your mail inside a new test user account on your Mac? Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know further details.

Have a fantastic day!

Catalina 10.15.6/IOS 14 Update: Email no longer updates other devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.