You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a friend from the Find My app without disabling Location Services (iOS14)

I'm experiencing a problem on the Find My app. I want to manually remove a friend from the app but I can't do that without disabling Location Services or Find My iPhone on my phone.

When I go to Apple ID> Find My in the Settings app, my friends list is greyed out and the option to disable Share My Location is greyed out. I tried going to the app to find out how to remove a friend referring to older posts but there is no option in the People or Me tab to remove a person. All I know how to do is to disable certain features but I don't know how to remove someone from my friends list. We are following each other and I don't know if I should contact them and ask them to turn off location sharing or disable location services. She's not in my contacts either, and I just see her email in my friends list, and there is an option to create a contact for her. But if I remove that contact, the one on my friends list is still there. I use a iPhone 8 on iOS 14, family sharing is disabled. I remember being able to remove people from Find My so I have no idea if this was an update or not. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 12:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 12:13 PM

Open Find My. Find the person’s name toward the bottom. Swipe that from right to left. Use the resulting trash can.

1 reply

How do I remove a friend from the Find My app without disabling Location Services (iOS14)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.