You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE can’t swipe up or down for notifications

I’ve had my watch about two weeks. Every few hours or so the notifications and control center won’t show when I swipe up or down. I can still swipe side to side. If I restart it works again, but I don’t want to have to keep restarting it. Any help, please?!

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 3:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 8:58 AM

My brand new Apple Watch 6 sometimes won't swipe up or down. There will be a red dot indicating a notification, but it won't swipe. It will swipe side to side, but not up or down. I did a force restart on it and that helped, but then it did it again. The software is up to date. What's the problem? Anyone have this issue?

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2021 8:58 AM in response to Aoarias915

My brand new Apple Watch 6 sometimes won't swipe up or down. There will be a red dot indicating a notification, but it won't swipe. It will swipe side to side, but not up or down. I did a force restart on it and that helped, but then it did it again. The software is up to date. What's the problem? Anyone have this issue?

Oct 11, 2020 2:08 PM in response to Aoarias915

Hi Aoarias915,

We're happy to help with this trouble you're having swiping up and down on your Apple Watch SE. First, let's make sure this isn't a software issue you're having. Follow the steps here to check and update the iOS and watchOS if needed:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Have a great day!

Apple Watch SE can’t swipe up or down for notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.