You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Swipe-Up Visual Effect

I have iPhonev models 11 Pro and an XS. When I have apps open and swipe up from the bottom both phones exhibit the same visual effect - the app frame begins to shrink a bit as I swipe up and releasing leaves the shrinked app frame hovering in the middle of the screen. (sorry, this was about the best I could describe the effect).

I have a third iPhone (also and XS) which does not exhibit this behavior. With an app at full screen, as I start to swipe up the app does not shrink and begin to move upward and to the middle of the screen as it does with the other two phones.

I've searched settings and Googled 'til I'm blind for a fix, to no avail. All three phones are on iOS 14.0.1.

The third phone which has the issue was restored from an iPhone 8 backup.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 11:29 AM

Hi msstatedawg,

It sounds like you're referring to the screen motion when using the App Switcher on your devices. We'd love to look into this with you, and help determine why you're seeing different behavior on your third iPhone.

Just to confirm, are you using these exact steps to access and use the App Switcher on your devices? Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are using the steps in the above link, we'd like to check a few additional things to help narrow this down further.

Next, we'd like to see if the "Reduce Motion" setting is enabled on the affected iPhone XS. "Your device uses motion effects to create the perception of depth on your Home screen and within apps. If you are sensitive to motion effects or screen movement on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can use Reduce Motion to turn off these effects."

For help viewing and managing the Reduce Motion setting, please check out this page: Reduce screen motion on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

If Reduce Motion is enabled on your iPhone, does turning that feature off seem to improve the issue?

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 11:29 AM in response to msstatedawg

Hi msstatedawg,

It sounds like you're referring to the screen motion when using the App Switcher on your devices. We'd love to look into this with you, and help determine why you're seeing different behavior on your third iPhone.

Just to confirm, are you using these exact steps to access and use the App Switcher on your devices? Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are using the steps in the above link, we'd like to check a few additional things to help narrow this down further.

Next, we'd like to see if the "Reduce Motion" setting is enabled on the affected iPhone XS. "Your device uses motion effects to create the perception of depth on your Home screen and within apps. If you are sensitive to motion effects or screen movement on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can use Reduce Motion to turn off these effects."

For help viewing and managing the Reduce Motion setting, please check out this page: Reduce screen motion on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

If Reduce Motion is enabled on your iPhone, does turning that feature off seem to improve the issue?

Thanks!

Issue with Swipe-Up Visual Effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.