You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID won’t change to iCloud account

I am getting rid of my gmail account and using only icloud email so I need to change my appleid to my icloud email and it wont let me

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 7:43 PM

Is this applicable? From the article below.

If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2020 7:43 PM in response to isha67

Is this applicable? From the article below.

If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID won’t change to iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.