You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ordered a magic keyboard for my Macbook Air, which is new and had only two USB-c ports. The wireless keyboard came with a cable that has a USB cable for plugging into the computer. Do I need an adapter?

I ordered a magic keyboard for my Macbook Air. that arrived today. The Macbook Air is new and it has only two USB-c ports. The wireless keyboard came with a cable that has a USB cable for plugging into the computer set it up, which I can't plug into my Macbook. Do I need an adapter or is this keyboard not compatible?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:57 PM

The cable is for charging the keyboard. It can be used with most USB-A chargers or you can get a Female USB-A to Male USB-C adapter. You will find them at Amazon or Apple. To use the keyboard all you need do is pair it using BlueTooth. The keyboard has a tiny On-Off switch on the rear of the keyboard. Look carefully as it's easily missed.

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2020 8:57 PM in response to wdfor1

The cable is for charging the keyboard. It can be used with most USB-A chargers or you can get a Female USB-A to Male USB-C adapter. You will find them at Amazon or Apple. To use the keyboard all you need do is pair it using BlueTooth. The keyboard has a tiny On-Off switch on the rear of the keyboard. Look carefully as it's easily missed.

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac

I ordered a magic keyboard for my Macbook Air, which is new and had only two USB-c ports. The wireless keyboard came with a cable that has a USB cable for plugging into the computer. Do I need an adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.