You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious phone call

Received an automated call today from a local number that stated that my Apple information had been compromised and warned me not to use my Apple device to purchase anything. It then asked me if I wanted to connect to Apple Support to address the issue. It was suspicious especially since it was from a local number and was automated so I disconnected the call. Had any one else had this happen? Is it a type of scam?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 8:44 AM

It is indeed a scam. See—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple will never call you, email you or text you unless you have contact Apple Support and requested a callback. The only exception is you may get an email to your Apple ID email account saying that you have logged in to a previously unknown device. This is just an informational message; it requires no action unless you don’t recognize the device and you did not log in at the time indicated.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2020 8:44 AM in response to Pardo

It is indeed a scam. See—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple will never call you, email you or text you unless you have contact Apple Support and requested a callback. The only exception is you may get an email to your Apple ID email account saying that you have logged in to a previously unknown device. This is just an informational message; it requires no action unless you don’t recognize the device and you did not log in at the time indicated.

Suspicious phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.