You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to sync iTunes on Windows not getting settings to sync. Anything else to try?

On Step 3 of the article (Sync or remove content using iTunes) using iTunes on Windows the only options are to set up as a new iPhone or to restore from old backups (of my previous iPhones). I do not get the settings as per step 3. Anything else to try?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 12:35 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Oct 11, 2020 12:37 PM in response to ronfry

Thank you - it allowed me to connect. I could get to settings and it then did the backup of my iTunes (it is my whole CD collection - so took quite a long time). Checking the next day it was still not on the iPhone 11. I tried again - connected iPhone 11 to laptop (windows), it supposedly sync'ed it - but I still do not see anything on the iPhone 11 (except for music bought via iTunes store). I must still be missing something somewhere. All my music is still on my laptop, as well as on my old iPhone 6. Will keep on reading .

Oct 16, 2020 12:36 PM in response to turingtest2

I don't currently have Apple Music or iTunes Match - I first wanted to get everything safe - I want to replace my second phone (iPhone6 -it is getting a bit rickety). I can now think about Apple Music or iTunes Match. I also need something that would allow me to play my own music on my HomePod. Up till now it only played Apply purchases. I am not sure which of the 2 products would be best for that.

Trying to sync iTunes on Windows not getting settings to sync. Anything else to try?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.