You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App from another device

I have the Apple TV App on my iPhone. Can I transfer it to my computer or tv without having to resubscribe?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 10:35 AM

You can use your Apple TV app services with all its library purchases and subscription options on any of your devices that has the Apple TV app. You can’t transfer the app itself, but many of the same features will be available on other devices, when using the same Apple ID account.

To use the Apple TV app on macOS, you will need to have it running macOS Catalina 10.15 (or later).

To use the Apple TV app with your TV, you may need to have a fairly new TV that supports the Apple TV app as one of its smart apps, or connect a streaming device with the Apple TV app, such as the Apple TV box (3rd generation or later), or a Roku, or Fire TV device. Alternatively, some newer TVs may be manufactured as AirPlay-enabled, to allow streaming from your iPhone to the TV.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Apple TV app-supported TVs and third party streaming devices, and AirPlay 2-enabled TVs - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2020 10:35 AM in response to netcoaster

You can use your Apple TV app services with all its library purchases and subscription options on any of your devices that has the Apple TV app. You can’t transfer the app itself, but many of the same features will be available on other devices, when using the same Apple ID account.

To use the Apple TV app on macOS, you will need to have it running macOS Catalina 10.15 (or later).

To use the Apple TV app with your TV, you may need to have a fairly new TV that supports the Apple TV app as one of its smart apps, or connect a streaming device with the Apple TV app, such as the Apple TV box (3rd generation or later), or a Roku, or Fire TV device. Alternatively, some newer TVs may be manufactured as AirPlay-enabled, to allow streaming from your iPhone to the TV.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Apple TV app-supported TVs and third party streaming devices, and AirPlay 2-enabled TVs - Apple Support

Apple TV App from another device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.