You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos back up on icloud from XS

Guys hi, i want to back up my photos to icloud & keep them on my xs, however when i go to icloud on the phone & click on the ‘photos’ button it does not give me the option as other iphones i have checked , to ‘optimize iphone storage’ neither ‘download & keep orginals’ but says if i proceed it will delete all photos & videos on my phone & back up on icloud..?? Thx

iPhone XS, 14

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:11 AM

If you delete photos on iPhone it will deleted on iCloud too and vice-versa.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that are synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2020 6:11 AM in response to georgios34theshop

If you delete photos on iPhone it will deleted on iCloud too and vice-versa.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that are synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

Photos back up on icloud from XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.