You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes tracks not keeping metadata changes/artwork changes

I create music, make my own tracks and add them to my iTunes so I can enjoy them on my devices. (I do not use the cloud for music.) At some point, I changed the naming convention I use for my tracks. Instead of 11-18-07, I changed to using 20071118 so they would naturally sort by title. I have a bunch of tracks that still have my old naming convention, so I go to Get Info and adjust each of the titles. When I click OK, the track appears to get updated.

I also use the same image for all of my tracks. But some of my tracks, usually the same ones with the wrong naming convention, have messed up artwork - only a portion of the image is visible. So I go to the Artwork tab, delete the image and paste a fresh copy of the image. I click OK and the track appears to be changed.

Now here's the weird thing. If I go back to Get Info for one of these tracks I just edited or try playing it, it will immediately revert to the original version of the meta data and the artwork, as if I never changed it. I have done this a number of times. I get thru the whole list of tracks that need fixing and I think I'm done, only to discover on a later date that they all reverted back to the pre-edited version.

I tried going to the Media folder Get Info to set my ability to Read/Write on all files in the folder, but that didn't help. And I made sure they weren't locked.

How can I fix the meta data and artwork on these tracks? iTunes is not cooperating.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 10:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 11:38 AM

See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

iTunes tracks not keeping metadata changes/artwork changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.