You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Capture Does Not Allow Sizing of Capture Selection

After a recent update, CMD-SHT-5 no longer allows me to drag and size the capture area

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 10:03 PM

What do you mean the app was modified, modified to what, by what, for what reason.

Have you tried starting your mac up in Safe Mode,

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

Safe Mode takes a long time to start up so be patient.

Try screenshots in Safe Mode, see if it works there then restart your mac normally.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2020 10:03 PM in response to Robin7459

What do you mean the app was modified, modified to what, by what, for what reason.

Have you tried starting your mac up in Safe Mode,

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

Safe Mode takes a long time to start up so be patient.

Try screenshots in Safe Mode, see if it works there then restart your mac normally.

Oct 10, 2020 9:08 PM in response to sberman

CMD-SHT-5 was working fine several weeks ago. It allowed me to move the capture section around with the cursor turning into a hand. It also allowed me to grab the middle top and make the area smaller top to bottom. I could also grab the side and make the area thinner. Then I push the capture selection at the bottom of the screen.

Now none of that works. I have to use CMD-SHT-4 and use the cross-hairs. I really liked CMD-SHT-5. Hopefully, it will come back soon.

Screen Capture Does Not Allow Sizing of Capture Selection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.