You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to change my screentime password, and the first time I typed in my Apple ID and password it allowed me to change the password, but the password I changed it to did not work. I now have multiple failed attempts, and cannot change my password.

I followed all of the steps on how to reset the password, but it did not work. I put in my Apple ID and password like it said to do. It allowed me to change my password, but when I typed in my new password, it said "failed attempt." I now have multiple failed attempts and cannot reset my password. I do not want to have to reset my phone. Is there a solution to this problem?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 6:17 PM

See if anything here helps.

Screen Time passcode reset

If the above doesn't work, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting.      

1 reply

I tried to change my screentime password, and the first time I typed in my Apple ID and password it allowed me to change the password, but the password I changed it to did not work. I now have multiple failed attempts, and cannot change my password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.