You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a child off my family sharing

My child no longer has that phone how do I delete the account off my family sharing

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 9:45 AM

No reason to want to delete them either. In the event they ever get an iPhone or other iOS device again, they can always use that account again. An Apple ID should remain with the person for life and be updated as required.

There is absolutely no reason to continue to crate Apple IDs each time. Just maintain access to one and you can continue to access any purchased content and Apps bought directly by said Apple ID.

However if you really, must get rid of the account, and its under 13 years of age you will need to contact Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com

If its over 13, you can remove the account from Family Sharing directly: Remove someone over 13 from Family Sharing - Apple Support

Do note that removal from Family Sharing of the account, as above does not in any way delete the AppleID from existence. So it can continue to be used outside of Family sharing normally.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 9:45 AM in response to Bcook88

No reason to want to delete them either. In the event they ever get an iPhone or other iOS device again, they can always use that account again. An Apple ID should remain with the person for life and be updated as required.

There is absolutely no reason to continue to crate Apple IDs each time. Just maintain access to one and you can continue to access any purchased content and Apps bought directly by said Apple ID.

However if you really, must get rid of the account, and its under 13 years of age you will need to contact Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com

If its over 13, you can remove the account from Family Sharing directly: Remove someone over 13 from Family Sharing - Apple Support

Do note that removal from Family Sharing of the account, as above does not in any way delete the AppleID from existence. So it can continue to be used outside of Family sharing normally.

How do I delete a child off my family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.