You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store purchases no longer come with album art in Catalina?!

So I just upgraded to Catalina recently. Tonight I bought 3 tracks from the iTunes Store in the Music app, and none of them came with album artwork! I tried using "Get album art", with no results. I have to manually Google album art to apply it to all my purchases from now on??

What in the world is going on at Apple? I could understand some hiccups in the iTunes -> Music transition, but we're a year in at this point. This is ridiculous.

I tried Doug's scripts, and they didn't work. It truly seems like the downloads just simply don't include the artwork.

Has anybody found a solution for this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:35 PM

Ok, so it appears this is the solution: right click on the track, delete it from your library, which will hide it from your purchase history. Go to your account page in the iTunes Store and view your hidden purchases. Unhide them. Go back to your library and download them again.

This worked for me, hopefully it helps someone else. Pretty dumb.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 8:35 PM in response to dburke

Ok, so it appears this is the solution: right click on the track, delete it from your library, which will hide it from your purchase history. Go to your account page in the iTunes Store and view your hidden purchases. Unhide them. Go back to your library and download them again.

This worked for me, hopefully it helps someone else. Pretty dumb.

iTunes Store purchases no longer come with album art in Catalina?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.