You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email gone. Rebuild discarded everything.

MacBook Air Years of Archived email gone. I clicked rebuild and 100,000 just vanished. I have seen some posts to Go to finder and type in Users/username/Library/Mail/POP but once I get to Mail there is nothing there. Are the emails archived on my computer somewhere.

I just backed up my computer with Time Machine. Will they be there?

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 12:52 PM

If by "just backed up" you mean prior to losing the messages, then yes. You can restore from time machine.

If you didn't backup with time machine at all until after your mail archive got borked, then no. The backup contains the borked mailbox.

4 replies

Oct 13, 2020 12:40 PM in response to JeepKTM

they will

i restored a MacBook just now, time machine from Jan 2019 and everything is they old email and all

before reinstalling

check those file that should be available through time machine app on your system now

there is a finder>go to folder and an /library email sequence i cant remember that could hav the info there

someone here will send the link soon.

i hoped this helped!

Email gone. Rebuild discarded everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.