You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos from phone to computer

I need an answer to how I can copy my pictures from my phone to my Windows 10PC. I have tried the Photo App but it stops and states an error occurred then doesn't import anything!! It worked one time for part of a folder but never copied everything HELP!

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 2:04 PM

There's an old bug with HEIC > JPEG conversion during transfer. On your phone, change the export setting to "Keep originals" at the very bottom of Settings > Photos and try again. Also there still seems to be a bug with 4k/1080 (could be just large videos, over 3-4 GB). Haven't seen any fix in this case, just using a Mac or a third-party app (check iMazing, guide for photos/videos export).

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2020 2:04 PM in response to jeffmoz2

There's an old bug with HEIC > JPEG conversion during transfer. On your phone, change the export setting to "Keep originals" at the very bottom of Settings > Photos and try again. Also there still seems to be a bug with 4k/1080 (could be just large videos, over 3-4 GB). Haven't seen any fix in this case, just using a Mac or a third-party app (check iMazing, guide for photos/videos export).

Transfer photos from phone to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.