You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import quality of iMovie is too poor

(Newbie here) I had to edit screen recording but when i did import screen recording in iMovie the quality of video was so poor. I'm currently on macOS Catalina v 10.15.7 and and the current version of iMovie i.e. v 10.1.16 . I have deadline for assignment please help me out. This is the screenshot of the video before importing --

After importing --

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 11:09 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 17, 2020 8:26 AM in response to anamay21

Hi, anamay21,

You might try making a duplicate of the screen recording clip and re-rendering it to H.264, Mp4/AAC with the free download, Handbrake. Do that even if the codec already is indicated to be Mp4/AAC. Re-rendering can cure many issues.

You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

A simple way to do it is to open Handbrake and do a File/Open Source. Navigate to your video and choose it as the source from the resulting screen. Then do File/Start Encoding. Wait a couple of minutes for the conversion to complete. Then save and import the converted clip into iMovie. See if it displays any more clearly.

Also, you might try simply exporting the unclear movie from iMovie and see if the exported movie displays more clearly.

-- Rich

Import quality of iMovie is too poor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.