You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just received a message that looked like my iPhone was hacked and I had a hour to update info. Is this from Apple or a scam

Has anyone else received Apple message that your iPhone Apple ID hacked and have hour or all accounts photos taken

iPhone 6s, 9

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 10:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 11:03 PM

SCAM!!! Plain and simple, Shoalwatercolleen.

Apple doesn’t warn you of coming account disabling.

In fact, the short timeframe alone should have made you more than suspicious: they’re trying to get you panicked, so you will act without thinking!

Apple will not contact you, unless you have asked them to, in one way or another.

If there is any issue with one of your Apple accounts, you will be informed as soon as you log-into said account.

For instance, if there were a problem with your Apple ID, you would have been informed as soon as you tried to log-into this site!

I hope you didn’t respond to the message, in any way!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2020 11:03 PM in response to Shoalwatercolleen

SCAM!!! Plain and simple, Shoalwatercolleen.

Apple doesn’t warn you of coming account disabling.

In fact, the short timeframe alone should have made you more than suspicious: they’re trying to get you panicked, so you will act without thinking!

Apple will not contact you, unless you have asked them to, in one way or another.

If there is any issue with one of your Apple accounts, you will be informed as soon as you log-into said account.

For instance, if there were a problem with your Apple ID, you would have been informed as soon as you tried to log-into this site!

I hope you didn’t respond to the message, in any way!

I just received a message that looked like my iPhone was hacked and I had a hour to update info. Is this from Apple or a scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.